- Classroom Tutors – Classroom tutors are assigned to a specific teacher at IPS 105 and assist in the classroom as that teacher directs. Classroom tutors volunteer during the school day, usually for an hour one day per week, sometimes more.
- Classroom Sponsor – Classroom sponsors show Christ’s love to teachers at IPS 105 through prayer, small gifts, notes of encouragement, and even by providing classroom supplies or treats for the teacher’s students. Participation as a classroom sponsor can be as involved as you want, from just the occasional note to regular communications, gifts, etc. Good opportunity for life groups!
- Renewal Mentoring –This program helps selected children from neighborhood families improve their academic skills and develop a relationship with Jesus in a one-on-one or small group setting. We meet each Wednesday afternoon after school (from approximately 3-4:30pm) at Crossroads Bible Church. Very little preparation is required, just a desire to provide a consistent, affirmative relationship to a child during the school year.
- Sports Leagues – We offer introductory level sports leagues for elementary school aged-students. Typically, kids can play soccer in the spring and either flag football or kickball in the fall (depending on the age of the child). We need coaches, assistant coaches, referees, scorekeepers, field maintenance, and many other behind the scenes volunteers.
- Summer Program – Each summer, we provide opportunities for students to build their academic skills as they prepare for the coming school year. Our program typically involves instruction in math and language arts, along with Bible study and character development. The program usually runs most of summer break, typically three days per week from roughly 9:00 to 3:00. There are many opportunities to serve in this program, for a day, a week, one day a week throughout the summer, or during the entire program.
- Christmas Store – Each Christmas, we operate a Christmas Store where families from the neighborhood pay a small fee in order to shop for toys, hats and gloves, clothes, and other items for their children. The Christmas Store allows parents to select gifts they know their children will enjoy and to pay for those gifts with their hard earned money, rather than receive random gifts as “charity” from strangers. Donations of toys for children from infants through high schoolers make the Christmas Store possible.
- Service Projects – As we minister to families in the neighborhood, we learn of opportunities to help in various ways. Some of the ways we have served have included indoor and outdoor clean-up projects, home maintenance and repairs, automobile repairs, and child care.
Questions on any of the above items, contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.