How will this giving initiative be a success?
PREPARED will be a success when every Outlooker:
1) Understands and appreciates the value and purpose of this initiative and how it propels the mission and continues the story God is telling through our church.
2) Goes before the Lord and seeks understanding regarding what kind of over-and-above gift they can sacrificially and joyfully give.
3) Makes a happy, faith-stretching, pledge to this project over the next 36 months. When that happens, then whatever the pledges total, we are confident God will provide.
How much will all this cost?
Here are the estimates of how PREPARED funds will be put to their best use:
While we utilize ~$550K for debt reduction, we will also make progress on these construction necessities as funds are available:
1) ~$400K for leveling ground elevations, expanding pond, and adding drainage,
2) ~$150K to create drive that will eventually allow access to the east side of our campus, and
3) ~$400K to bridge the creek so development of the east side can begin.
Why should I invest here?
Wisdom dictates you should only invest where you will see a good return on your investment. So do not invest in the Lord’s work here at Outlook unless: you are being fed God’s Word in a way that helps you grow, you are seeing life change in yourself and others, and you believe in our church’s mission—developing disciples of Jesus who are connecting, growing, serving, and going—and the vision and purpose of this initiative—reducing our mortgage and readying our campus for future phases.
When do commitments begin?
Together, as a congregation, we will make our 36-month pledge to this initiative starting February 10, 2019. Of course, commitments can and will be made anytime after this as well. However, the more of us committed by this date, the better we can move forward and make good decisions. And what a thrill to see what God will do in these next three years!